Friday, August 1, 2008

Moved out!

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

We moved out today.

I spent a lot of time packing last night 'cos I just had too many things. =S

Look.


Wasn't it horrible.

Sigh.

Last look at my bed and the desk that I never really used except to put heaps of stuff on it

We also went upstairs to check out the rooftop that we'd been to only once and the pool that we'd never utilized.

However the pool was locked up when we went up =\

The view you see from the rooftop

This is the closest I can get to the pool. There's a jacuzzi beside it too


And it was time to go. We moved our stuff down, I was the last to leave and it was hard when I took that last look at the apartment. There was too much great things that happened here which I will remember forever.

I'll miss everything here.

=(

Sigh. I didn't really want to go because I wanted to continue studying there but well too bad, there's the university back home waiting. -_-

I also had to say goodbye to my favourite bag of all time.

Byes

I let it go because the zip gave way again and I couldn't use it at all, much less bring it back. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I really liked it. So I gave it to charity and hope that no one will curse me for giving them a bag which zip was spoiled. It just needs a little fixing and it'd be as good as new! And it's such a pretty bag!


Back in the car.

WE HAD TOO MUCH STUFF.

The rented car (Pontiac) was too small for all of our stuff, and poor DJ had to put up with Ivan's luggage at the back seat. For me I had Ivan's guitar.


And I enjoyed the other Snapple I bought on the way to San Diego

We had a hard time looking for the hostel because the hostel has absolutely no signboard. And the hostel is actually a small hostel and it looked just like any other house in the US. The GPS told us that we reached already but we just couldn't see any hostel -_-

And when we shifted in, the owner had sooooo much to say. Rules, how good the hostel is, etc. Our mum, that was what we would refer her as.

After putting down the stuff we set off for our first day in San Diego.

San Diego Convention Center - where we parked the car

We were going to Seaport Village.

Cinderella's carriage, anyone?

DJ and I were hoping for some kind of free map inside the Hyatt but in the end we found none.

Nevertheless, a pretty Hyatt

And here we are. Seaport Village. The hostel owner recommended us to come here.


Many cute houses



One of the random signs in the village


One of the highlights of the village is the USS Midway Aircraft Carrier docked at the port itself.

And therefore the history that came along with it.



The photo above was trying to show how much the sailor missed his love. It is one gigantic statue, therefore you see the tiny people jumping around them. Haha.

This was trying to depict a scene where Bob Hope was giving a speech and his listeners

Many birds in the distance

Love

And we left Seaport Village for Gaslamp Quarter. We walked there, since it wasn't that far anyway.

Passed by a train track

Gaslamp was another historic site in San Diego, and today it has been transformed into an area where clubbing is rife. However, it is still quite a pretty place.



And there was a vintage car shop in the quarter, so we went in and took a look.


This was my favourite!

All of a sudden in the distance there were a lot of people coming this way! For a moment I thought there could be some strike but no la, it was just people leaving the Petco Stadium.


Hard Rock Hotel

Gaslamp Quarter - Historic Heart of San Diego

People mountain people sea


We managed to enter the stadium thanks to a very very very nice man who just let us in knowing that we only wanted to take photos.

A baseball match had just ended

People queuing up for the train


And we made our way back to the Convention Center. Then we saw this really cool elevator.


And went in for a ride


The rooftop of the convention center



And that was the end of the day for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home