Saturday, July 26, 2008

Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific

Time to see fish and more fish and more fish.



When we reached there we were early and the aquarium wasn't opened yet. Hence we wandered around the harbour nearby.

Rainbow Harbor

The majestic Queen Mary

Lighthouse

People fishing

Hmmm. What do you call people who fish but they aren't fishermen? Fishers?

A very awkward group photo

Kiss the whale!
Jellies A very fluffy starfish

I realise I can't remember the names of all the organisms! =S I hope this doesn't mean a wasted trip.

Guess the name of the following fish. Do not scroll down!


...
...
...
...
....given up already?

They're called Shovelnose Guitarfish. Strum them!

Creepy A seal Another kind of jellyfish. I think they're really pretty A pearly starfish A pearl-less oyster Shark eggs! This is how they look like! Not eggy at all! Strawberry anemone LOBSTAAAAA! I WANNA EATCHU. No la. But many others near me did 'cos they were describing how delicious it looked

Now guess the name of the following fish.

I didn't see it anywhere, it was taken from a picture on the wall.


Give up?


YAHAHAHAHA. SARCASTIC FRINGEHEAD!

Hi, my name is Fringehead. Sarcastic Fringehead.

Okay okay okay, I'm mean. It can't do anything about its name since homo sapiens named it that way. And so be it.

Sand dollar. Money money money Horseshoe crab Stupid fish Stingray is smiling at you! Isn't it great to look happy all the time? They have stations where you can touch whatever they put there. Corals, stingrays, ... ... Peek a boo They feed on plankton which fall onto the seabed So crowded This aquarium was to imitate cold and harsh conditions Another jelly They are really very pretty!

The following is the edible section.

ARGHHHHHHH!

Giant octopus!

It's a she by the way. There was some footage where you could see her unscrewing the lid of a jar and taking out the food in it. Power.

Actually I dunno if she is too large to be considered as consumable.

It's gonna eat you up if the glass is not there. She's really huge Sea urchin Shrimps! Yum! Oh my look at those fleshy legs!!! This looks a bit like a deep-fried grouper but obviously it's not a grouper however I don't remember its name

Well now you know I'm a full-fledge seafoodivore.

No laaaaaa. I don't eat sea urchins and have never eaten any. They look weird enough to not consume.



Giraffe in an eel's body

Oh my

They can change sex by means of their own body processes. Imagine if you can do that for humans! Singaporeans will be a weird crowd!

So colourful!

Check out that little darling

A very curious seahorse

Turtle

Wow like life-savers?


And we went to see some birds and that was it for the day.


After much walking we decided to leave and then eat at a certain Chinese Restaurant. We walked like half an hour there to find out that it is closed.

So we walked back to the Aquarium area and decided on Outback.

I was to come to America for non-American food.

A wedding reception was to be held at Hyatt



This is how they serve their free flow bread. But the bread's good!

Damn good onion

Burger

Mixed platter of beef, chicken and shrimp

After lunch we walked around and made our way to the car.



There was a little cottage selling candies called the Candy Baron. Quite expensive, USD 4.99/lb if I'm not wrong.

This much costs me USD 7.99

The barrels may look filled but they're not. The sweets were placed on top of the covered barrels


Melodrama Theater

And we finally went to Cold Stone Creamery!

Some apple pie thingy. I love it 'cos the tang of cinnamon was just sooooooo fantabulous!

Enjoying my prized possession in the car

I told Ivan about my plans to purchase Mr. Mayer's album the night before, who knows he checked the address of the store and to Amoeba we went!

Oh and there you go, the Hollywood Sign

The staircase from the parking area

Amoeba music

It is one of the major music stores in L.A., and it was a huge shop! They like their shops to be big, I realise. Everything is big in the States. Anyway, Ivan managed to find Mr. Mayer's album and we bought one each!




Here's Mr. Mayer's album


On the way back to Westwood from Amoeba we saw a Carl's Jr. Jr. Carl's Junior Junior. I think it was somewhat like an express restaurant.



Some peanut bar DJ bought and shared with me

A section of a train as a restaurant

We bought Yeo's canned Singapore Curry and we cooked it with beehoon.


And afterwards we had Godiva Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory! =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home