Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Venice Beach!

Here's my second go at Venezia during this escapade (the first being in Las Vegas) - Venice Beach! It's situated along the western coast (if not, where? HAHA) and it takes an hour to get there from Westwood via the Big Blue Bus.

It was just DJ and I because CY wanted to study -_- and Ivan has got rashes. He came out but went back again 'cos the rashes were reacting. (He went to see a doctor at the UCLA Medical Center and it set him back by USD 50 just for consultation alone. He was supposed to get the medicine from external pharmacies himself)

So here you are, Venice Beach.


Before that DJ and I shared a foot long Subway sandwich for USD 5.


Where you can get surfboards



Muscle Bay. Where you can see shiny and extremely muscular men strutting their stuff

Did the mum put sunblock on her baby? Poor thing!





Can you see the sand sparkling? It isn't so obvious here, but if you see it for yourself, oh my

And the water was so so clear

The fine sand

I was just chatting under the sun with DJ when all of a sudden I felt a splat on my arm. Then I saw that it was a chunk of sand thrown by someone who later apologised. I think she was sweeping the sand away from herself -_-

Happily showing off the tiny splat

And DJ's sharp eyes caught a hunk! O-M-G!


But if you zoom into the photo you can see that he's actually quite old. He'd got a kid with him but I didn't catch the kid into the picture.

Then DJ and I decided to settle down among a cluster of rocks and chatted for quite some time.

Windy and sunny at the same time

You can see Santa Monica from Venice









This psychic reader was around when we walked back down the same way. And maybe he noticed something about me or what, because he kept calling 'HEY THE LADY IN BLUE!' and something else which I couldn't catch. But I don't wanna listen to him so I ignored.

Obama merchandise on sale

I wanted to get a shirt with Obama's face on it, but DJ stopped me 'cos she didn't see the point of it. Quite cool ma. Hahaha. And it's not like a photograph splattered tee but an illustrated tee. Aiyaya.



And at sunset we made our way back.

Inside the BBB

And I saw my dream bus! O-M-G! It was parked alongside the road in Landfair, now it's there almost everyday =D So I look at it when I go to school and imagine that I own it!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH



Verdict: What Venice?? But anyway I prefer Venice to Santa Monica. The latter is too commercialized.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home