Friday, July 25, 2008

A glimpse of school in the U.S.

I should just introduce you people my area and how I used to walk to school.

I'm back in Singapore at this time that I'm blogging, then I realised I forgot to take a photo of the exterior of my apartment. Like what the hell. Haha. You can't see much actually, there's no signage saying that that was Westwood Chateau.

Anyway.

When I leave the apartment I turn left and walk down the slope along Landfair Ave. to Strathmore Dr. Along the way these fraternity houses and apartments greet me. Those frat houses are rife with party people. Who party like almost everyday? I dunno. But there will definitely be something going on every evening/night.

This frat house was at the opposite side of the road

This was how a typical rubbish truck looked like

The 'feelers' of the truck could scoop up the trash bins and pour the rubbish into the container at the back.

Here's another frat house just down the road.


Another one on the right

And after going on down till I turn left at Strathmore, I see this.


And further down

And further further down...

A house on the right

Someone's car was from Alabama!

And then I'd cross this traffic junction.


This was a frat house on the right

After crossing the traffic light and walking further up there was a pathway that led into UCLA.


And I turned left to get into UCLA.


And then turned right. Some event was going on so they were setting tents up. On the left of the following picture was something like an indoor stadium in the UCLA context.


And then I turn left. (I realise I kept turning!) A pretty tree-ed area greets me.


Edwin Pauley Pavilion - the 'Singapore Indoor Stadium' in the UCLA context. See the facilities they have in UCLA!


And then I cut through the pretty tree-ed area and walk all the way past Ackerman Union, Kerckhoff Hall, the Physics and Astronomy Building, then I'll reach the Schoenberg Music Building where I had guitar lessons. Jazz lessons were at Fowler Museum and to get there I turn left after Ackerman.

Here's my guitar instructor Brandon Mayer and me!

He wasn't wearing the nice lavender checkered tie

Here's the exterior of the classroom and the corridor.



Ivan and I were checking out the noticeboards when I saw the album of my jazz lecturer!


There was an entire noticeboard about the various music ensembles (marching, symphonic band and orchestra) of UCLA.


Check this out! Too bad I went there in summer, there wasn't any show that I could see them perform.

I wanna go UCLA for SEP. But my grades aren't good enough and I've got no chance to even think about it already. HAHA. School looks like fun in UCLA. A very vibrant student life.





Outside the main entrance of SMB was a grassy area where many students would lie around in. Usually.


Here's the shuttle bus of UCLA.


Sigh.

I wanna go back in time and experience the summer session again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home