Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Last Shopping

No, not the last supper.

It kinda irks to know that some things you do in a foreign country is so gonna be your last.

Sigh.

But well, the last shopping might be a good experience since I know I won't be overspending already.

Went for class in the morning. It was the second last class of ETHNOMU 120A! I had to take a picture with Mr. Harrison.

And I did! =D Asked a classmate to help.

Yeay!

By the way, I didn't know the classmate was from NUS too. The first time I communicated with her was last lesson, she was carrying a Crumpler bag. So I asked her where she was from and she said Singapore.

See the accuracy of Crumpler = Singaporean.

I didn't see any American with a Crumpler. Or at least, I didn't notice. Americans carry Jansport.

Before waiting for them to pick me up at Murphy Hall, I was hungry 'cos I skipped breakfast so I bought Pop-tarts!

It's essentially like a piece of soft chewy biscuit. You can heat it up or eat it at rtp.



While waiting for them at the Murphy Hall carpark this middle-aged man spoke to me and we began chatting. Apparently I was very good at entertaining. HAHA. He was really amused by the things I tell him about Singapore. Like a fine city, etc. Well he gave me his contacts and I gave him my email, he said to meet up before I leave L.A. but I never bothered to contact him =P

The driver among us blamed me for not giving him the location of the outlet mall properly. I was pretty sure it wasn't my fault but being the MCP he is I just kept quiet. Hmmph. DJ further assured me that the fault was not mine. Thanks. You all should know how hard it was for me to keep quiet 'cos I have a high ego too. Bweehh.

Oh and along the way I saw this signboard. Ryan Seacrest!


Here's an example of how their freeway markers look like in general.


We went to Boston Chicken (again!) which was nearby for dinner.






And then to Cheesecake Factory to buy Godiva Cheesecake.


Cheesecake Factory's at Beverly Hills.


Anyway just for show. The Coach handbag I got for mum. My brother said it looked very auntie so it suits my mum. -_-


I wanted to get this really cute and rustic Levi's luggage but DJ stopped me and I got an Adidas duffel bag instead. I like it! It's red and shiny. HAHA.


And this Harry & David mint chocolate.


That's it with shopping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home