Tuesday, July 29, 2008

EARTHQUAKE!

There was an earthquake today! My first ever experience with one.

After jazz class this morning I wanted to go to Ralphs the supermarket to get some toiletries. Hence I went to the shuttle bus stop that can bring me to Westwood.

While waiting for the bus outside Schoenberg Music Building I thought I felt the ground moved a bit. I looked at my feet and was bewildered.

Then a lady asked everyone at the bus stop, 'Did the ground just shake or was I hallucinating?' And I nodded to her. Haha. For a moment I thought it was because I was giddy or something.

You can read about this here. (credits to Rong Chen for the article!)

Apparently it was a 5.4 earthquake and the center was actually quite far away. So we only felt tremors here in LA. Thank goodness.

I'm still safe and sound and in one piece! If you bother. =P

When I got back to the apt I had lunch and slowly checked my mailboxes. My UCLA mail had a number of new messages! I was wondering how come.

Till I read this.


.....Well, checking my mail certainly won't be the first thing I'd do if there was a big one.

2 Comments:

Blogger RongC said...

Haha... why never quote the article from LA Times? Think they did quite a good coverage on it, better than Yahoo! news...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-sci-quake30-2008jul30,0,7281322.story

Ok 就好!=)

July 30, 2008 at 2:15 AM  
Blogger erina said...

Haha OK! I changed the link already =D hahaha.

Ya the article is much better! More links and more informative.

Thanks =D

July 30, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home