Friday, May 23, 2008

Visa application

I went to the American Embassy this morning to apply for the US visa.

I was early, so had to wait under a tent in the carpark in a queue. The queue wasn't obvious though. My appointment time is supposed to be 1045, I reached at about 1030, and the security guard guided us to queue at the guardhouse about 11. There was actually some queue la, but this guy didn't see and the Indian guy in front of me told him that there is a queue and he actually cut many people's queue. He argued that there's no such thing. Then there was this Asian-looking girl who spoke with an American accent who explained to him that there actually was one. And she nicely said to me, 'Why don't you come back here in front of me?' So nice =D

The American man who interviewed me was actually quite weird. He can be nice at one point and totally cold at another. Like when he asked what modules I'm gonna take at UCLA, I told him Beginner Guitar and Development of Jazz. He was so happy I was going to take jazz. 'People should learn more about jazz! What do you play?' I said I don't play jazz, I play the tuba. 'Oh you can play the tuba in jazz too!' I was just lazy to explain that there weren't any avenue close to me that I can play tuba in jazz but it doesn't matter la. Then he went on to tell me about this I-didn't-catch-the-name jazz brass band that was his favourite band and on and on. But after the entire thing he didn't even say bye. -_- I nicely said 'Have a nice day!'

'Same to you.'

.....

Anyway.

Visa's approved and I have to go down to collect my passport next Wednesday. Another round of shopping then.

~~~~~

My friends and I have been discussing what to do before school starts. I think we're planning to go San Francisco!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home