Tuesday, April 22, 2008

So-called Pre-departure Briefing

As mentioned earlier, we were asked to go down to LT 31 for a briefing yesterday. I thought there were further instructions and details for us.

In the end, from 2 p.m. we waited till 3 p.m. for the IRO personnel to come in and then talk to us about intercultural adjustment issues, health tips, safety tips, and a checklist before departure.

I mean, those are really things that they can just let us read ourselves. What a waste of my time! -_-

Oh they also told us about some orientation and accommodation and visa stuff, and they then emailed us the same thing.

The most exciting part of the 'briefing' was when the lady from the Dean's Office informed us about our groupings and the appointed group leader.

She actually showed put our passport photos plus names and contact nos. into a page in MS Word. So I freaked out when I saw my photo in the first row, we were saying that if your face appeared first you could be the group leader.

I don't want! Ivan was saying that he won't have any kind of objections and will be happy to have me/Chui Ying as leader. Etc etc. Group leaders are the contact points among the groups and the Dean's Office and some student office in UCLA.

And then revelation.

The few of us burst out laughing. They scribbled 'GROUP LEADER' with arrows pointing down on top of Ivan's photo.

I have no objections! HAHA.

So I'm in Group A, along with Dai Jing, Chui Ying, Ivan, Divya, Jessica, Haitao and Elizabeth.

We're waiting for the acceptance package from UCLA to reach here. I'm a bit excited about it -_- because it will feel like I'm being matriculated again.

Okay, okay.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home