Sunday, March 9, 2008

Quick update

This is a quick post regarding my mapping of modules in UCLA.

I initially wanted to take Beginner Guitar Class and Elementary Italian, since I so wanna pick up the language, but then both most probably are level 1 modules in NUS and it doesn't make sense for me to take level 1 modules and have them S/U-ed, it'd be such a waste.

Moreover, I emailed the Italian lecturer at UCLA for some course details that I need to submit to FASS, and I realised the textbook, Oggi in Italia (Today in Italy) is selling for about USD120 on amazon.com. I almost fainted.

So I hunted for an upper division module.

UCLA groups their modules in undergraduate lower division, undergraduate upper division, graduate etc. I suppose the lower division ones are level 1 or 1 1/2 modules, so it's safer to get the upper division modules.

I saw Development of Jazz, under Ethnomusicology.

Most probably I'll want to take that. Yea. At the same time I hope for no pricey textbooks.

But jazz should be interesting isn't it. It's gonna be a musical summer for me.

Just a bit sad that I can't take Italian. And sian-ed that I took quite a lot of effort to fill in the bloody mapping form to the Dean's Office. -_- So now I have to mail the office to tell them that I don't wanna take the module no more.

SOB. By the way, I saw a simple quiz on Italian and I did it and guess what. I scored 100%! Though I don't know how.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home